Desk Buying GuideBy Bailiegh Basham · February 11, 2015
Countryside's Solid Wood Desk Buying Tips
1. What’s your style?
- Decorating style will often determine what type of desk you purchase for your space. Find which type of solid wood will work best for your home or office and then determine your favorite finish option.
- Desks come in all types: classic, contemporary, space-saving, and specialized. Choose a desk that suits your décor, but will also help make your work easier.
2. Size and configuration?
- What type of desk will work best for you depends largely on the office space you have available. Desks come in a wide variety of shapes and sizes from space-saving writing desks, to complete u-shaped workstations.
- Commercial settings need extra space for multi-tasking, meeting with clients, and additional file storage, whereas space is a premium in a home office.
- Constricted to a corner? L-shaped desks may be just what you need.
3. What type of computer?
- Do you use a desktop or laptop? Generally more space and accommodations are needed for a desktop such as a keyboard pullout and an enclosed cabinet to store your PC tower.
- Laptop desks are often sleeker in design and can be used in nearly any room of the home.
- Regardless, if you plan to use your desk as a computer desk you should consider wire management options to keep your work area free of computer clutter.
4. How do you work?
- Does your work involve a lot of file, papers, and books? Consider a larger executive desk with plenty of hanging file space and drawers.
- A hutch desks combines cabinets, shelves and drawers for easy access during the workday.
After considering these questions, browse our large selection of solid wood, Amish-made desks to find one perfect for you.
Remember, a great desk chair is just as important as your desk. For more information check out our blog abour Finding the Right Office Chair.