Amish Extendable Dining Tables With LeavesBy Bailiegh Basham · January 24, 2022
Extending Dining Tables Made from Solid Wood
Are you often unsure of how many people to expect for dinner? One of our many extending dining tables could be the solution to your mealtime dilemma. Whether you are looking for a massive extending table that seats 18, or a modern stylish dining table that can make room for a few more guests, we have you covered.
Countryside Amish Furniture’s extending dining tables feature multiple leaf styles, solid wood construction, timeless designs, and custom size and shape options. Find extension dining tables and enjoy casual or formal dining in style. A dining table is a gathering place and works as a focal point in any room.
Extendable kitchen tables provide you with the ability to be flexible by allowing you to easily lengthen the size of your table. Keep extra dining chairs along the walls until needed, and add dining benches to the room to seat even more guests comfortably. Once mealtime is over, your table can be put back to its smaller size to reclaim your space and keep your dining area looking tidy.
Our modern and traditional extendable dining tables are easy to enlarge and the extension takes seconds, making it very convenient for you to convert a 6 seater dining table to an 8 or 12 seater. Solid wood tables with the ability to extend come in a variety of designs.
At Countryside Amish Furniture, we want to share our selection of expandable tables—and all of their advantages—with you, helping you add functionality to your gathering space. Here are our favorites:
Removable Center Leaf Tables:
Standard removable leaves are oftentimes the best option for creating the most space around a dining or kitchen leg table. Countryside’s center leaves are typically 12” in width and must be purchased at the time of the table to ensure a proper fit. If the center extension leaf does not store within the table while not in use, a decorative apron will be attached to the leaf to provide a streamlined look. To install the leaf, you must lift the whole leaf and pull it on both sides of the table to create a gap in the center for the leaf.
Our Top Picks:
- Killarney Narrow Kitchen Table | Starting at $1286
- Guymon Dining Table | Starting at $1482
- Old Saybrook Trestle Table | Starting at $3955
- Breckenridge Round Table | Starting at $1958
- Hooper Bay Reclaimed Square Table | Starting at $2445
- Daviston Double Pedestal Table | Starting at $1686
- Saison Dining Table | Starting at $3698
- Buena Vista Double Pedestal Table | Starting at $1844
Self-Storing Table Leaves:
Extending dining room tables with self-storing leaves are ideal for maximizing storage space in your dining room or kitchen. Depending on which style of table you select, it may be able to store up to four 12” leaves within the table. Guidelines on apron storage will be provided on each product page. In addition to a standard leg, trestle, and pedestal tables, self-storing leaves are often found in butterfly tables and refectory tables.
Our Top Picks:
- Bay Minette Kitchen Table | Starting at $1540
- Deering Leg Table | Starting at $1364
- Hillsborough Double Pedestal Table | Starting at $2086
- Belk Dining Table | Starting at $1929
- Fayston Trestle Table | Starting at $1387
- Lowell Double Pedestal Table | Starting at $2043
Butterfly Leaf Tables:
A butterfly leaf dining table typically has a leaf (for leg tables), or two leaves (for trestle and pedestal tables) in the center. A butterfly leaf is named because when it is being "opened' into place, it appears to have wings like a butterfly. Our solid wood butterfly leaf is normally around 18 inches wide, and hinges in the middle. You can simply pull the ends of the tabletop out, revealing a gap in the center where the leaf is stored. A butterfly folding table is a good choice if you do not have additional space to store your extensions.
Our Top Picks:
- Alicia Mission Butterfly Leaf Table | Starting at $2176
- Oscoda Butterfly Leaf Table | Starting at $2314
- Arroyo Butterfly Leaf Dining Table | Starting at $2021
- Fontana Butterfly Leaf Trestle Table | Starting at $2307
- Binghamton Butterfly Leaf Table | Starting at $1467
- Medina Butterfly Leaf Table | Starting at $2312
- Waco Butterfly Leaf Table | Starting at $2452
- Au Cheval Butterfly Dining Table | Starting at $1755
Refectory Leaf Tables:
A popular and classic approach to the extendable dining table is the refectory. In most of our Amish-built refectory tables, you will typically pull the wooden slides out from the sides of the table, and pull the leaves out from underneath. Refectory tables are the easiest for one person to extend since you aren't required to pull both ends of the table out. Extendable refectory tables are typically long and narrow and leaves range in size.
Our Top Picks:
- Trumbull Cast Iron Table | Starting at $3365
- Nordhoff Trestle Dining Table | Starting at $2995
- Deep Creek Rustic Dining Table | Starting at $1658
- Goldsboro Trestle Table | Starting at $2640
- Salida Refectory Table | Starting at $2475
- Ralston Dining Table | Starting at $3948
- Dell Rapids Refectory Table | Starting at $2727
- Lorain Refectory Table | Starting at $3088
- Monmouth Shaker Refectory Table | Starting at $1700
- Morillton Dining Table | Starting at $5912
Drop Leaf Tables:
An Amish-built, solid wood drop leaf table set has hinged leaves on either end that extend upwards. When unfolded, a drop leaf dining room table will typically have a square or rectangular top shape. The legged or pedestal kitchen table leaves can be extended to make the table a circle or rectangle, depending on which style you prefer. Drop leaf dining tables are popular investments for small spaces; you also have the option to drop only one leaf down.
Our Top Picks:
- Rhett's Round Drop Leaf Table | Starting at $1098
- River Shore Pedestal Drop Leaf Table | Starting at $1511
- Emelle Drop Leaf Table | Starting at $1500
- Caldwell Mobile Kitchen Island | Starting at $2043
- Caldwell Server with Barstools | Starting at $1817
- Taunton Drop Leaf Table | Starting at $1171
- Lancaster Narrow Trestle Table | Starting at $1988
Why Quality Construction is More Important Than Ever With Extendable Dining Tables
Quality craftsmanship and durable materials are essential to all dining room tables, making them well worth the cost. However, considering the added mechanisms of extendable dining tables, expert construction is necessary to prevent breakage over long-term use. Our extendable tables prioritize ease of use without sacrificing design, and our expert Amish craftsmen use industry-leading mechanisms, hardware, and joinery methods.
For similar reasons, we recommend choosing extendable tables made from solid hardwood. Countryside Amish Furniture offers a full range, including Oak, Maple, Hickory, Elm, and Cherry. Not to mention, our industry-leading finishing process enables us to create finishes that are unmatched in beauty and durability.
Pictured: Tall Timbers Extendable Dining Table
Enhance Your Dining Space With Wooden Extendable Tables From Countryside Amish Furniture
Countryside Amish Furniture offers hundreds of extendable dining and kitchen tables perfect for every home. Our Amish-built, solid wood tables come with a large selection of hardwood options, shapes, sizes, and finish options. The kind of dining table you choose may well depend on the shape and size of the room, and the overall style and shape of your other furniture. These tables are multifunctional and ideal for open floor plans or smaller rooms that can’t support an extra-large piece of furniture on a daily basis. Most importantly, they provide additional seating and surface space—room to grow.
We have you covered with all shapes of solid wood extendable dining tables including; rectangular, round, square, oval, banquet, and boat. For a larger space, you can play with the size and shape of the extendable dining table based on your needs.
Transform your dining room with one of our solid wood extension tables to create the perfect spot for family meals or the center of your entertaining space. Choose from a selection of extension dining tables that range in style from traditional to farmhouse to industrial.