What to Know About the Online Process of Buying Amish FurnitureBy Bailiegh Basham · December 7, 2022
As an online vendor of Amish furniture, we wanted to arm customers with answers to common questions we receive about the buying and creation process. If you have additional questions about Countryside Amish Furniture or individual pieces, please don’t hesitate to reach out via our live chat function, email, or phone.
Yes, the Amish Furniture You Buy Online is Genuine
A question we hear from time to time is whether the furniture we sell online comes from genuine Amish artisans. Countryside Amish Furniture’s founder, Mel Stutzman has close personal ties to Amish furniture workshops. We collect orders and sell online on their behalf, enabling them to reach customers well outside their geographic area. It’s a win-win!
Is it Better to Buy Amish Furniture Online or In-Person?
While there is no clear right or wrong, shopping for Amish furniture online actually presents numerous advantages. For instance:
- A broad range of online furniture options, created specifically for you by our Amish craftsmen - Because Countryside does not suffer the limitations of a brick-and-mortar store and the need to have physical inventory on hand, we offer a wider variety of options made-to-order. Our point? Shopping online with Countryside Amish Furniture grants a vast selection of choices to achieve the perfect piece, customized just for you.
- Easier browsing with a “search” function - Go ahead and use our online search bar to find the exact Amish furniture piece you want. Type in phrases like “coffee table lift top” or “farmhouse canopy bed” and you’ll see options at your fingertips in mere seconds. Simply put, you can’t replicate the ease of the online experience when shopping offline.
Additionally, because our pieces are custom-made, there is no physical piece to see in person prior to ordering. Amish artisans will make the pieces based on your preferences. For example, if you’re choosing a table, you’ll be asked to select the dimensions, shape, hardwood, stain, edge profile, and the option of extending leaves. Customizing a desk? In addition to the wood and stain, you can determine if you want a hutch, drawer locks, hardware style, and special features.
For more insights, check out Where to Buy Real Solid Wood Furniture Online.
How to Ensure You Order the Right Amish Furniture Pieces
Minimize the risk of receiving an Amish furniture piece that doesn’t quite fit the room by taking the following steps when custom ordering online:
- Request samples of the wood stains and upholstery prior to finalizing your decision. Countryside Amish Furniture will send you four different wood samples stained with your color candidates. We also have this service for leather and cloth upholsteries. This lets you view how the color looks on the hardwood and how it compares with your other pieces. Our tip? View the samples under different lights (natural and electric) to make sure you’re fully satisfied. For additional tips on choosing wood stains, read To Mix or Match? A Guide to Choosing Wood Stains That Go Together.
- Document the furniture’s dimensions and replicate it in the space using painter’s tape. Quick, imagine a dining hutch that is 49"W x 19 1/2"D x 74"H. Pretty tricky, right? To make sure it is ideally sized for your dining room, pull out the measuring tape and painter’s tape to outline the shape on your ground and wall.
When determining if the furniture is right for your space, also consider factors like swinging cabinet doors, extended drawers, pulled-out chairs, etc.
- Unsure about something? Ask questions and more questions! The Countryside Amish Furniture team can walk you through the step-by-step of shopping online and provide plenty of brainstorming along the way.
Order Online With Countryside Amish Furniture
We welcome you to explore our diverse online offerings, from our Shaker-style dining tables to our two-tone bedroom furniture and breakfast tables. Each piece will be made-to-order by expert-level Amish craftsmen using advanced woodworking techniques, yielding furniture which will last a lifetime. What’s more, our store offers a flat $150 delivery and set-up fee, no matter how many solid wood pieces you order or where you live within the Continental U.S.
Need additional guidance for shopping online or picking out Amish furniture? Visit the Countryside Design Center or check out one of the following articles:
- Brown Maple Furniture Guide
- Oak Furniture Guide
- Cherry Furniture Guide
- Mission Style Furniture Guide