A Buyer’s Guide to Bedroom Furniture
Ultimate Solid Wood Bedroom Furniture Checklist
Much of our time is spent in the bedroom, ensure a most blissful sleep by furnishing your home with these essential bedroom furniture pieces.
Solid Wood Bed: Before selecting your wooden bed frame, you must determine the size of your mattress. Most beds are ordered in standard Full, Queen, or King sizes. However, at Countryside, many of our beds also accommodate a Twin or California King mattress.
- Consider the dimensions of the bed frame (including headboard and footboard height).
- Select a bed with under bed storage for a small master or guest bedroom.
- Make your fabric or leather selection for beds with upholstered headboards.
- Keep in mind the style of your home - Mission, Shaker, Traditional, or Modern.
- Consider the number of solid wood slats and center legs constructed on the bed.
- Select a wood species and stain that complement existing furniture or decor.
Shown above: Alexandria Bed
Functional Nightstand: A nightstand is a must for your master bedroom or guest suite. Browse our selection of nightstands that allow you to choose function without compromising style and personality. Remember the following tips when personalizing your bedside table.
- Use your wood and stain combination as a guide for the remainder of your bedroom pieces.
- Consider the construction of the nightstand - Number of drawers, open base, shelving, etc.
- Include luxury features like aromatic cedar drawer bottoms and pull out trays.
- Personalize your nightstand's hardware (the nightstand below features clean drawer fronts).
- Keep in mind your existing furniture or bedroom's interior design.
Shown above: Lyons 3-Drawer Bedside Table
Chest of Drawers & Armoire: Your luxury bedroom furniture is complete only with the addition of a solid wood armoire or chest of drawers – or both. Our bedroom furniture sets include matching wardrobes and chests of drawers in your desired wood and stain combination.
- Add a clothing rod or pocket doors to your solid wood Wardrobe.
- Convert your Armoire into an entertainment center with TV swivel and media shelf.
- Ensure the chest of drawers will fit your bedroom by checking the dimensions.
- Select your hardware according to your style - Modern, Traditional, Mission, etc.
- Consider the type of storage you need - narrow chest of drawers or large armoire?
Handmade Dresser: For Contemporary bedroom furniture, choose Brown Maple with a medium to dark stain or painted finish.
- Include or remove dresser mirror according to your needs.
- Consider the style of mirror - beveled, round, tri-fold, etc.
- Select a wood species and stain that match existing interior.
- Consider its use - delicate apparel or bulky winter clothing?
- Again, keep in mind the dimensions of the dresser.
Shown above: Elmhurst 9-Drawer Dresser
Use this information to begin building a better bedroom with Countryside, your source for online bedroom furniture. Our handmade Amish beds, nightstands, and chests are built to withstand generations of use to become treasured heirlooms.
Begin browsing our Amish bedroom furniture sets today with the luxurious Alexandria Collection.